How to Identify Mice
Mice are small rodents with long tails. They are typically brown or gray in color. Mice have sharp claws that they use to climb and gnaw.
Signs of a Mice Infestation
If you think you have a mice infestation, there are a few signs to look for. These include:
- Droppings: Mice droppings are small, dark, and often found in corners or along baseboards.
- Tracks: Mice tracks are small and appear in dusty areas.
- Gnaw marks: Mice will gnaw on wood, plastic, and other materials.
- Noises: Mice are active at night and may make scratching or squeaking noises.
How to Get Rid of Mice
There are a few ways to get rid of mice. These include:
- Trapping: Mice can be trapped using snap traps, glue traps, or live traps.
- Baiting: Mice can be baited with poison or traps that release a sticky substance.
- Exclusion: Mice can be excluded from your home by sealing up any holes or cracks that they could use to enter.
The best way to prevent mice is to keep your home clean and free of food sources. You should also seal up any holes or cracks that mice could use to enter your home.
If you have a mice infestation, it is important to call a pest control professional. A pest control professional will be able to assess the situation and recommend the best course of action to get rid of the mice.
Here are some additional tips for preventing mice in Milwaukee, Iowa, Minnesota, and Nebraska:
- Keep your garbage cans in a sealed container.
- Store food in airtight containers.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
- Trim back any vegetation that is touching your home.
- Seal up any holes or cracks in your home's foundation or exterior.