Identifying a Mole Infestation
Moles can be a challenging pest to deal with, but with proper identification, you can take effective control measures. In this section, we'll explore the key signs of a mole infestation, areas where they're commonly found, and how to differentiate between mole species based on signs.
Signs of Mole Infestation
- Raised ridges or tunnels in your yard
- Molehills or mounds of soil on the surface
- Visible burrow entrances with packed dirt around them
Areas Prone to Mole Infestation
- Moist and sandy soils
- Gardens, lawns, and open fields
- Areas with abundant insect populations
Differentiating Mole Species by Signs
- Eastern moles: Create larger, deeper tunnels and mounds.
- Star-nosed moles: Smaller tunnels with distinctive star-like snouts.
- Hairy-tailed moles: Create shallow surface tunnels.
Understanding these signs and species differences will help you effectively address a mole infestation and ensure the health of your outdoor spaces.